Each and every year, Lent for all its differences from the rest of the year, can feel familiar. With its particular colors, prayers, music and readings, in Lent we are invited into the story and figuratively journey along with Jesus and the disciples. As familiar as it is, the imagery, words, and music call us deeper into our own experience, and what we bring from our lives helps make the story truly what shapes us – we are part of this story.
The theme of this year’s Lenten Series is: “The Way of the Cross, the Way of Life.” Following the discussions and enthusiasm from last year, our program team has put together a series that looks at this theme from several different perspectives and that uses different mediums. The result is a series that is both familiar and yet something more to discover each week . Sessions are stand-alone. Can join for all five weeks? – fabulous! Can only make one? – no problem! No matter how many times you can participate, you will find the time thought-provoking and meaningful. The Way of the Cross, the Way of Life will be held Thursday evenings at 7:00 pm throughout Lent beginning February 21st. Each session will be preceded by a simple soup supper, ￼￼so come be fed!
- February 21 – Prayer & Devotional Practice: The Way of the Cross
- February 28 – Art & Reflection: The Presence of God in Suffering
- March 7 – Music: The Power of the Passion: Inside Bach’s St. John’s Passion
- March 14 – Art & Reflection: Fruitfulness from our Wounds
- March 21 – Liturgy: The Depth of Prayer and Music in Holy Week